Mixed Media Acrylic Paintings on Canvas
Making art prepares one in small ways to meet greater challenges with creativity. My studio practice involves playing with materials as a way to think, feel, and figure out how images and objects can represent and embody ideas.
I put my faith in questions. My artworks are built from intuition, imagination, and freedom to look beyond the literal.
I began my career as a painter. Yet years of teaching art in a variety of educational and community settings have gradually challenged me to revisit my own approach to art-making. I am newly focused on art as a social and collaborative endeavor. My process has evolved from a solitary painting practice in the studio, to a now active pursuit of the creative contributions of others.
My daily work teaching studio art to children and frequent facilitation of community "art events" informs my on-going exploration of the connection between creativity and well-being.
If you are interested in setting up a studio visit, please contact me at email@example.com or call 773-203-6659.
Selected Recent Art Exhibitions
- Warrenville Inspired, Warrenville, IL
- Where History and Progress Meet, West Chicago City Museum
- Peace, Hope, and Light, Emmanuel Episcopal Church, LaGrange, IL
- Places I Go to Think, West Chicago City Museum, "First Fridays" Event Space
- A Sense of Place, Caribou Coffee, LaGrange, IL
- Balancing Act: Interruptions and Transformation, Hinsdale Library, Hinsdale, IL
- Recent Paintings, Salt Creek Wine Bar, Brookfield, IL
- Members Show, Riverside Art Center, Riverside, IL
- ArtXposium, West Chicago
- A Declaration of Immigration, National Museum of Mexican Art, Chicago, IL
- Pause: A Collaboration, Salt Creek Wine Bar, Brookfield, IL